National Research Council (CNR), Italy
The National Research Council (CNR) is the leading public organization in Italy tasked with the responsibility to carry out, promote, spread, transfer and improve research activities in the main sectors of knowledge growth as well as its applications supporting the scientific, technological, economic and social development of the Country. To this end, the activities of the organisation are divided into macro areas of interdisciplinary scientific and technological research, concerning several sectors: biotechnology, medicine, materials, environment and land, information and communications, advanced systems of production, judicial and socio-economic sciences, classical studies and arts. CNR is distributed all-over Italy through a network of institutes aiming at promoting a wide diffusion of its competences throughout the national territory and at facilitating contacts and cooperation with local firms and organizations.
In EVIDENCE CNR is presented by two research institutes:
- Institute of Legal Information Theory and Techniques (CNR-ITTIG), and
- Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies (CNR-IRPPS).
Institute of Legal Information Theory and Techniques at the National Research Council, Italy (CNR-ITTIG)
The Institute of Legal Information Theory and Techniques (CNR-ITTIG) mission is to carry out scientific and technological research on the impact of information and telecommunication technologies on law and law related activity. CNR-ITTIG main activities are:
- Project scientific and administrative management: CNR-ITTIG is or has been involved in different projects at both national and European level in the field of legal information, providing both scientific contributions and administrative support.
- Specialized Training: CNR-ITTIG collaborates with Universities in teaching computer science and law in Degree and Master courses as well as PhD courses.
- Databases and guides: CNR-ITTIG maintains, updates and distributes legal and law-related databases, as DoGi, the most relevant archives of legal literature in Italy.
- Publishing and technical-scientific service: Editorial activities are crucial for the Institute. Since 1970s, the ‘Informatica e diritto’ journal has been having a relevant scholarly value in the fields of legal information technology and law.
- Organization of international conferences: CNR-ITTIG periodically organizes conferences and more frequently seminars, workshops and other meetings, where research results are discussed.
In some activities of the EVIDENCE project CNR-ITTIG will be supported by the Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies (CNR-IRPPS).
Dr. Maria Angela Biasiotti
Dr. Sebastiano Faro
Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies at the National Research Council, Italy (CNR-IRPPS)
The Institute for Research on Population and Social Policies towards the Italian National Research Council (CNR-IRPPS) is an interdisciplinary research institute that conducts studies on demographic and migration issues, welfare systems and social policies, on policies regarding science, technology and higher education, on the relations between science and society, as well as on the creation of, access to and dissemination of knowledge and information technology.
It groups together analyses and theoretical and empirical studies, facilitating collaboration among different disciplinary frontiers, to form three main research lines:
- Study of the relations between population trends and social and economic development;
- Study of the social dynamics and policies in welfare systems; and
- Study of changes in society related to the spread of knowledge and information technology.
Dr. Sveva Avveduto