The EVIDENCE project will be co-ordinated by a team from the Institute of Legal Information Theory and Techniques of the Italian National Research Council (CNR-ITTIG) led by Dr. Maria Angela Biasiotti, who has successfully been involved in international projects since 2000. The co-ordination team will be supported by a project office both at CNR-ITTIG and the University of Groningen.
CNR-ITTIG will be overall responsible for the financial and scientific management of the EVIDENCE project and it will be supported by the work package leaders (with specific responsibilities) and a Steering Committee. For the purpose of internal feedbacks provision by WP10 as well as external expert feedback, the organisational structure also includes an External Advisory Group (EAG).
Project Co-ordinating Organization
Institute of Legal Information Theory and Techniques at the National Research Council, Italy (CNR-ITTIG)
The mission of the Institute of Legal Information Theory and Techniques (CNR-ITTIG) is to carry out scientific and technological research on the impact of information and telecommunication technologies on law and law related activity. CNR-ITTIG main activities are:
- Project scientific and administrative management: CNR-ITTIG is or has been involved in different projects at both national and European level in the field of legal information, providing both scientific contributions and administrative support.
- Specialized Training: CNR-ITTIG collaborates with Universities in teaching computer science and law in Degree and Master courses as well as PhD courses.
- Databases and guides: CNR-ITTIG maintains, updates and distributes legal and law-related databases, as DoGi, the most relevant archives of legal literature in Italy.
- Publishing and technical-scientific service: Editorial activities are crucial for the Institute. Since 1970s, the ‘Informatica e diritto’ journal has been having a relevant scholarly value in the fields of legal information technology and law.
- Organization of international conferences: CNR-ITTIG periodically organizes conferences and more frequently seminars, workshops and other meetings, where research results are discussed.
Project Co-ordinating Person
Dr. Maria Angela Biasiotti